Revell 1:144 Lockheed L-1049G Super Constellation (TWA)h

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
Here she is, in the only livery that makes her look so elegant and gorgeous. Trans World Airlines. this kit actually came with interior parts. such as a console, seats, yoke, even decals for the panel. and I'm thinking "the windows on this thing are so small, who the crap is gonna see anything in there?" so I just excluded the interior parts. the weights and the playdoh wouldn't fit in it, anyway with those parts.

HPIM1490.jpg

HPIM1491.jpg

HPIM1492.jpg

HPIM1493.jpg

HPIM1494.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice job Rob! I've always loved the Connie, used to go out of my way, sometimes a very long way, to get a glimpse of one.
Instead of clearing the workbench to get some better shots, it would be a darn sight easier to take the model to another, uncluttered place, and photograph it there! I agree, less distraction would show off the model a lot better, and not interfere with it's beautiful lines. BTW, Revell have just released a 1/72nd Connie, in MATS livery.

Very nice job Rob! I've always loved the Connie, used to go out of my way, sometimes a very long way, to get a glimpse of one.
Instead of clearing the workbench to get some better shots, it would be a darn sight easier to take the model to another, uncluttered place, and photograph it there! I agree, less distraction would show off the model a lot better, and not interfere with it's beautiful lines. BTW, Revell have just released a 1/72nd Connie, in MATS livery.

Ter, I only saw a Heller 1:72nd connie.

Ah! Sorry Rob, I might be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure Revell have released one (Heller are now out of business), but I saw a number of new kits announced, so it might be one of a number of Connies released by Minicraft. I'll see if I can find the site where it was advertised.

a lot, all! and good luck, ter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back