Revell, 1:72 scale Heinkel He70

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great job Graham, just a shame about the decal register (you could touch up the white with a brush though).

Glad you had the patience (and Scotch!) to sort the undercarriage problem out - wonder if I'll have the same problem with my ICM kit..?

Very nice work on this and the other Heinkels you're working on. I've always thought the shape of the Heinkel 70 to be very pleasing to the eye.

Great job Graham, just a shame about the decal register (you could touch up the white with a brush though).

Glad you had the patience (and Scotch!) to sort the undercarriage problem out - wonder if I'll have the same problem with my ICM kit..?

Not 100% sure but I think this is a re box of the ICM kit ?

Resurrecting an old post I guess?

I have been intrigued (these past few months anyway) with the German fighters. I decided that I have built enough Focke-Wulf and Messerschmit variations and I need something different in the line. While placing an order for more supplies (paint and glues) I noticed this Revell kit and it was on sale. I have built Revell kits in the past and found them to be good to great. This one, well I found myself wondering if whomever designed the tooling ever built a kit? And who created the instructions? And what's with the flash and part lines??

As I have reported in past posts; I am not close to the many that display their 'art' on these forums. I have however started to appreciate the 'building' of a model as opposed to putting it together and moving on to the next. An epiphany if you will! This kit certainly challenges the 'build' in me. It will, when complete, look good, not great though. I will have more experience with my files and knives though. More experience with seam filler. More experience with pre-fitting and temporary tack gluing. A good thing to have when building those Taymia and Acadamy kits.

Oh! I also bought (on sale as well) the 1:72 Revell Ju 87. Not sure if that will be the next box that I will open!

Resurrecting an old post I guess?

I have been intrigued (these past few months anyway) with the German fighters. I decided that I have built enough Focke-Wulf and Messerschmit variations and I need something different in the line. While placing an order for more supplies (paint and glues) I noticed this Revell kit and it was on sale. I have built Revell kits in the past and found them to be good to great. This one, well I found myself wondering if whomever designed the tooling ever built a kit? And who created the instructions? And what's with the flash and part lines??

As I have reported in past posts; I am not close to the many that display their 'art' on these forums. I have however started to appreciate the 'building' of a model as opposed to putting it together and moving on to the next. An epiphany if you will! This kit certainly challenges the 'build' in me. It will, when complete, look good, not great though. I will have more experience with my files and knives though. More experience with seam filler. More experience with pre-fitting and temporary tack gluing. A good thing to have when building those Taymia and Acadamy kits.

Oh! I also bought (on sale as well) the 1:72 Revell Ju 87. Not sure if that will be the next box that I will open!

It's a nasty one !!! Be warned !
Ju87-GD (1)r.jpg

Some final pics ( I think ). Paint turned out kind of splotchy in a few areas and I wish now I had made my own canopies. The frames are rather thick and clunky looking. I was amazed at how clear they were from the box so I used them. How the pilot ever saw out of this to fly let alone taxi is beyond me. I haven't done any dirtying up yet until I decide to re do the canopies or not. Thought I would post some pictures in case I botch it up !View attachment 518100View attachment 518101View attachment 518102View attachment 518103
Not only impressed but AMAZED! at how great your build looks. I just finished mine and, well lets just say I would not want to post any photos of it! The landing gear certainly was a challenge, it doesn't sit quite right on mine; maybe Ill claim I built a 'crashed' version? The canopy's, another issue. I'm still wondering how you pulled off the lower decal applications??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back