Revell, 1:72 scale Heinkel He70

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have used the pics attached earlier. As the reference for the measurment I used the windows height and the top edge of the opened cockpit there. I would say both shows the same distance from the top edge of the window to the red marked line of top cockpit edge.. Each distance is about the 2/3 of the window hight.

He70_a1.jpg

he70_b1.jpg

I agree. Here is a shot of He70 from almost the front. If the cockpit canopy would be moved toward the port side the offset of the windshield would be seen here.

Heinkel He70_.jpg

the pic source: the Internet.

Paint and decals and............... ( cue Twighlight Zone theme )....the landing gear. The decals were a snap, even applying them to the closed landing gear doors and then cutting them after they were set. Behaved brilliantly. The landing gear is a horror show. For starters they are flimsy as hell and the picture of the parts in the instructions look nothing like the actual parts. They won't fit if you follow the instructions. Both struts broke on me, parts 16 & 17. I drilled through them and used a wire to pin them into parts 18 & 19. and then into the wing. Where the inner strut A18 & A 19 fits into the wing needs to be shimmed up a bit otherwise the gear sits squatty looking and toed in. Once the glue is set it's quite strong, being a tripod and all but setting it up so it all sits straight, it's a good thing I like Scotch !

He70 (38)r.jpg

He70 (49)r.jpg

Some final pics ( I think ). Paint turned out kind of splotchy in a few areas and I wish now I had made my own canopies. The frames are rather thick and clunky looking. I was amazed at how clear they were from the box so I used them. How the pilot ever saw out of this to fly let alone taxi is beyond me. I haven't done any dirtying up yet until I decide to re do the canopies or not. Thought I would post some pictures in case I botch it up !
He70 (31)r.jpg
He70 (33)r.jpg
He70 (42)r.jpg
He70 (44)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back