Revell F-101B Voodoo, 1\48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, there is a sheet from Almark with a CF-101B option, for a 1968 scheme from the 'Call Shot' exercises, or a slightly earlier scheme. It may well come to pass...

Just when it was going so well...

Having fitted the nose and left it to dry, there is a chuffing great step between nose and fuselage...

100_1690.jpg

100_1691.jpg

100_1692.jpg

I'd like to say it's my fault, but the thing has locator tabs, so it seems it's just bad fit.

It's not a total build-killer; as you can see, it's fairly invisible from a distance, and it's far worse on the underside than the topside. I am investigating ways to pry the nose off, but I made a good firm joint to support that 1oz weight :rolleyes:

100_1693.jpg

I think, however, this will stick out like a sore thumb under NMF - at least ADC Grey will cover it up a little. That's the RCAF scheme shelved then...

Looking good. If you can get the nose off without doing damage, set it slightly higher, as this will probably align it and eliminate the 'step'. If not, then it's time for sanding and some filler methinks.

Thanks chaps. I have tried getting the nose off, with no joy, but will have another go before I resort to sanding. I'd rather reset it a dozen times than sand and fill... :lol:

Always loved the Voodoo, I remember them flying plenty of times at the Abbotsford Airshow as a kid. They were loud and bad ass ! As were the CF104's!

pardon me for jumping in here. I was on a weapons load crew on the 101 at Grand Forks until they shipped them out to be replaced with 106's. The pit was, if I recall correctly, the zink green. Every thing in there was green except for the dash/instrument panel which was black. The top of the "dash" was black. That was the glare shield.

For a weapons loader, the voodoo was a nasty dirty plane. You had to hook up a hydraulic cart to the left side of the a/c to operate the rotary door to load the nukes.

Again sorry to jump in. You are doing a great job

That's alright I'm sure mate...
Welcome to the family and feel free to share more F-101 stories......
Great job BT, hope that you'll get that nose sorted....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back