Revell Fw-190F-8

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Venganza

Senior Airman
Sep 13, 2008
Terra
As a break from my usual Soviet planes, I decided to do a few Luftwaffe planes. Here are pictures of one of them - a very late war Fw-190F-8 based in Czechoslovakia.

Venganza

Attachments

• Fw-190F8.JPG
    Fw-190F8.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Fw-190F8b.JPG
    Fw-190F8b.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Fw-190F-8c.JPG
    Fw-190F-8c.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 187
Looking very nice. But I'm not sure if the camo scheme is correct with the green colour overall.

Thank you gentlemen for the kind comments! I know what you mean Wurger (and Gnomey and Terry) - I picked the paint scheme because it was unusual. I got it from a Czech language book on the Fw-190 that had a colour profile for this plane. If I can find the profile, I'll post it. Supposedly, the plane was painted RLM 83 over the more common paint scheme. As there was no photo to go with the profile, I took their word for it. I would never go with just a profile for a VVS plane, but in this case I liked the scheme so much I decided to chance it (and I don't particularly enjoy doing the mottled Luftwaffe schemes). Maybe it's right, maybe it's wrong - but I still like the look.

Venganza

Last edited:
Thank you again for the nice comments! By the way, the rough line between the RLM 83 and the RLM 76 on the cowling and the rear fuselage is deliberate - it was that way on the profile. I can do a straighter demarcation line than that when I have to (usually!). All other errors, real or imagined, are unintentional.

Venganza

I know what you mean Wurger (and Gnomey and Terry) - I picked the paint scheme because it was unusual. I got it from a Czech language book on the Fw-190 that had a colour profile for this plane. Maybe it's right, maybe it's wrong - but I still like the look.

Venganza

Of course nothing wrong with the camo.It might be correct. Do you remember the title of the Czech book?

Of course nothing wrong with the camo.It might be correct. Do you remember the title of the Czech book?

Wurger, the book is called Fw 190F, G by Ales Janda and Tomas Poruba, and published by JaPo. I couldn't find a publication date. Below is the profile - note that the green color is much darker than what I have, but it says RLM 83 so I used Testors RLM 83.

Venganza

Attachments

• Fw-190F-8 in RLM 83 Topsides.jpg
    Fw-190F-8 in RLM 83 Topsides.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 129
Nice and clean! 8)

All the best!
Dusan.

Thank you, Dusan! Praise from Caesar (that means high praise indeed)! Certainly not close to your league, but I'm pleased with it. Nice website, by the way.

Venganza

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back