Revell Heinkel He 117 A-5 ( A-6 ) 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
Hi guy's

just a question

Any idea what these model kits are like as i am thinking of buying one .On a tight budget now:cry::oops:
( Can't afford 1/48 or 1/32 no more :oops::oops: )

It's like all the Revell kits, as momo serves.Quite basic at some areas and very good at others.Generally a good base for a very nice model.

I have the A-5 Dirk, which is generally very nice...certainly much better than the Airfix kit!
If it has any faults, they're mostly in the excesive panel line engraving, undercarriage legs and wells, and on my kit, the cockpit glazing is bad. (will be replaced by a Falcon clear-vax set).

Have seen her superdetailed on the Swedish IPMS site, and also in the flesh at an airshow once - she looks great done!

My advice -grab it!

I have the A-5 as well and Evan is dead on, the panel detail is better then most of the 1/48 kits I buy. I have not had the issue with the cockpit glazing as he has, but I agree with him. If the price is good, grad it!

Mine built in the early '80s is sitting on my dining room table as I write this. Not bad actually for 1/72nd. As noted the panel lines and riveting are a bit heavy, but not to the detriment of the kit. Turrets, like most 1/72nd bombers, leave a bit to be desired (perspex is a bit thick and the guns/cannons a bit over done, etc), but all in all a really nice kit.

Sounds like yours is an Airfix, Matt. Not a bad kit, even now, with the main exception of the points you mentioned.
As for the canopies, Falcon do a replacement set for the Airfix kit aswell (part of set 9: Luftwaffe Bombers WW II)

I have this kit what I can say, it's a simple Revell kit, you must buy all the set for cockpid made by Eduard...the quality it's not bad the price it's good :=)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back