Revell mosquito MK.IV bomber 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the welcome. I've got myself a Tamiya Beaufighter Mk VI to have a go at over the seasonal break, but would like a Mozzie to go with her. Thanks for the advice on the Revell kit, that confirms it will make a worthwhile addition in the near future (early 2010 all being well).

I picked one up from our local Hobbycraft store yesterday.
Just the initial weight of the box fealt good; loads of plastic, then having looked inside the quality of the exterior panelling and general detailing looks very pleasing. Also there's a good amount of detail inside the cockpit area, a well detailed bomb bay, and exposed engines with open acess panels. I'm looking forward to getting started with this one.

I picked one up from our local Hobbycraft store yesterday.
Just the initial weight of the box fealt good; loads of plastic, then having looked inside the quality of the exterior panelling and general detailing looks very pleasing. Also there's a good amount of detail inside the cockpit area, a well detailed bomb bay, and exposed engines with open acess panels. I'm looking forward to getting started with this one.

Well, get a thread going and get started then!:p

....and welcome from down under!:D

I've made a start now, and can post some photos soon.
However, I was told by someone at my IPMS branch that one of the main modelling magazines has done a review of this kit, and has been critical on the accuracy in a couple of areas; apparantly the undercarriage is a little short and the spinners don't have quite the right profile. Has anybody else seen this article, and know which magazine it's published in?

Haven't seen that particular article, but those I have seen have been complimentary. I've only seen detailed photos of the assembled kit, including those on the Eduard web-site for their detail parts kit, and it looked fine to me. So much so, I'm considering it as a slightly cheaper alternative to the Tamigawa offering, when I get around to it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back