Revell mosquito MK.IV bomber 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Terry

I should get a start on it tomorrow?

Question is how to mix the paints to get the right shade as i have had a quick look at instructions

Which colours do you need to mix, and from which paints Keith? Post the colours needed and the paints you have, and I'm sure we can help out mate. The camouflage colours should be straightforward, mainly out-of-the-tin with Humbrol etc. Interior colour can be mixed from a light grey with a touch of Humbrol Dark Green No30, until you get the light green cockpit colour. Use a very light, almost white grey, adding a small touch of blue or yellow if needed.

thanks Terry

i use Revell enamalls as i find them cheap and good quality for 97p a14ml tin from models for sale. As thats where i buy my kits,paints etc from:)

OK. Then I think Revell have the main colours as standard in their range. The 'Day Bomber' colours were Dark Green, Dark Sea Grey and Medium Sea Grey. with the 'Night Bomber' the same on the upper surface, but with 'Night', an almost matt black, on the sides and lower surfaces. Cross reference these Humbrol colours with Revell colours, and you have the answer.
Dark Green 30, Dark Sea Grey 27, Matt Black 33, Medium Sea Grey = approx 2 parts 27 to 1 part Matt white.
There's a Paint Conversion Chart or two here in the modelling pages of the forum.

Humbrol do the interior green the number is matt 78 hope this is of some help.BB

It is to me BB, I can never remember the bl**dy number!It'll save me mixing it again, as I've three projects on the stocks which are going to need a tin full - thanks mate!

Well guys

disappearing upstairs now as the post has been and i can get a start on the mozzie:D
will put pics up on the start to finish builds later

Keith

Hi, any news or further report on your Mozzie build? They've got one of these in my local model shop and I may wish to add it to my growing 1:48th collection, but would be good to hear it is a good kit first (good build, quality sculpted and engraved panel lines).

Hi Loiner and welcome. The Revell Mossie kit is superb, possibly the best BIV avialble, and has engines among the multitude of very well moulded parts. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back