RIP Patricia Marie Andrews

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ccheese

Member In Perpetuity
Jul 10, 2007
Virginia Beach, Va.
Patricia Marie Andrews, better known as "Pattie" of the Andrews sisters died in Northridge, CA of natural causes. Born in 1918, in Mound, Minn., Pattie was the lead singer of the trio and had the pleasure of announcing, to 5,000 men at a USO show in Italy, that the war in Europe was over. The audience was so stunned, she had to read it twice. RIP, Pattie.... you gals did a lot of good during WW-II.

Charles

Mound, Minnesota.....home of the Tonka trucks, which were named after Lake Minnetonka.

I love their music. The Andrews Sisters and Glenn Miller were the sound of the decade, with all due respect to the Modernaires and Tex Beneke.

Mound, Minnesota.....home of the Tonka trucks, which were named after Lake Minnetonka.

I love their music. The Andrews Sisters and Glenn Miller were the sound of the decade, with all due respect to the Modernaires and Tex Beneke.

You must be from "the old school", like me....

Charles

Don't have to be your age :) to enjoy good music.........

Farewell Pattie. You were a classy lady. Never knew that the Andrews Sisters performed more USO shows than any other performer with the exception of Bob Hope. And Pattie remained married to the same lucky guy (named Wally!) for over 60 years. Modern "celebrities" could do much worse than take a page out of her book and follow her example!

It was a joke in reference to his comment about "old School".Thats what the smiley face was for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back