roush p51a (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

trouble

Recruit
Feb 24, 2008
watertown ct
hi all iv been looking at the forms for a while now but never posted i wanted to show you all a few pics of the jack roush ford p51a

Attachments

• IMG_0147 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0147 (Small).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0120 (Small) (2).JPG
    IMG_0120 (Small) (2).JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0152 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0152 (Small).JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0205 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0205 (Small).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 292
  • P-51A377x283 (Small).jpg
    P-51A377x283 (Small).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 265
Jack roush is a nascar car owner and he builds engines. he also has a p51d that is painted to look like bud anderson's plane the old crow he flys it a lot and dose fly with bud anderson

Jack Roush actually owns three P-51's, Old Crow, Glamorous Glen III and Gentleman Jim. I beleive he also owns three or four nascar team's along with there drivers. He shows up every year at EAA with all three of his mustangs.

Here is a picture I took last year of Jack Roush sitting one of his P-51s and a orginal Tuskege airman in pilot seat.

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 376
Had a great opportunity today i got to get photos of my roush p51a with a p51c out at the local air field pics will follow as soon as i get them back from the photographer

Quick google found this:

ROUSH announced today that it will increase the production on the ROUSH P-51A Ford Mustang due to large post-announcement interest on the performance car. The ROUSH P-51A Ford Mustang was unveiled at the SEMA Show in October and the preliminary performance figures say 510 hp and 510 lb.-ft. torque.

ROUSH Press Release:

When Jack Roush pulled off the cover and unveiled the new 510-horsepower ROUSH P-51ATM Mustang at the SEMA Show in October, it took just moments before the telephones started ringing at the offices with dealers and consumers clamoring to get hold of the muscle car.
Although the ROUSH order bank isn't scheduled to open to authorized Ford dealers with final pricing until January, 2008, the post-announcement interest was enough for ROUSH management to re-assess the total number of ROUSH P-51ATM Mustangs that will be released to the public. Consequently, ROUSH Performance has decided to increase the production run to 151 units when these start build, anticipated to be the first quarter of 2008. It was previously announced that the production volume would be limited to 100 units.
"Certainly we anticipated that the ROUSH P-51ATM Mustang would be a popular car and sell quickly to our dealer base," said Joe Thompson, general manager of ROUSH Performance. "But I must say that we were a little surprised at just how fast the demand grew for this car so we worked with our suppliers to make ensure that an increased volume would be possible and can now announce that there will be 151 vehicles produced next year."

The ROUSH P-51ATM is easily the highest horsepower Mustang that the company has ever produced, and represents the first time that ROUSH P 51A Ford Mustang Increased Production Gallery: ROUSH P 51A Ford Mustang Increased Production
internal engine components have been upgraded by ROUSH technicians in their Livonia, Mich., facility. The stock Ford 4.6L, 3V engine will see a rebuild of several of the functional internal components, including a forged steel eight-bolt crankshaft, forged aluminum pistons with increased dish to lower the compression from 9:8 to 8:6, and forged steel H-Beam connecting rods. These upgraded parts were necessary for the stock Ford engine (which comes with 300 horsepower from the factory) to be able to withstand the additional power generated from the newest iteration of the legendary ROUSHchargerTM supercharger system.
Additional alterations include a custom aluminum upper and lower intake manifold for the high capacity air-to-water intercooler and ROUSHchargerTM. ROUSH installs a custom fuel rail and high-flow fuel injectors, a high-flow capacity fuel system, as well as a dual electronic throttle body.

The new ROUSH P-51ATM engine has a preliminary rating of at least 510 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. torque. It is anticipated that final figures may even be slightly higher than this when final testing and calibration is approved by the ROUSH engineering staff. As with all ROUSH vehicles, the P-51ATM will carry an industry-leading 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back