RS 1:72 Scale Heinkel 112

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
One of three Heinkels I have on the go right now along with the 70 and a 100. I'm not sure why I start kits without finishing others. It usually starts with opening the box, then you just have to clip off the fuselage halves to see how they fit, and then the wings. Out comes the paint and glue and well you know. Nice kit but with typical fit and trim issues. Instructions, again very vague as far as exact location of parts. Plastic is great as well as surface detail. It's too bad Ernst Heinkel pissed off the powers that be, at least for the Luftwaffe. Had this plane been given the same chance as the 109 I think it would have been a real hot rod !
He112 (4)r.jpg

Hollowed out the gear bays and added some styrene to give them a bit more depth.

He112 (6)r.jpg

Cock pit is OTB except for aftermarket PE harnesses.

He112 (8)r.jpg

He112 (15)r.jpg

Last edited:
Love the looks of that aircraft but in 1:48 it requires a bank loan and liver donation to purchase and the only games in town are Classic Airframes and the all resin Rest Models with an odd company logo.........

1541652001959.png

Aileronectomy and flapectomy. The wing dihedral is way off. One side is horizontal the other side is giving the Nazi salute. I ended up shaving quite a bit off the port wing and adding some shims to the starboard wing to get the right stance. The fuselage is also a bit too narrow forward of the cockpit resulting in a bit of a twist so I added a shim there as well. The upper air scoop has no room for hollowing it out without digging a big hole in the fuselage so I glues some styrene from the inside and built it up with putty. In this case it's handy the engine cowling is separate !

He112 (13)r.jpg

He112 (14)r.jpg

He112 (32)r.jpg

Sanded scraped and buffed and ready for paint. The cockpit canopy I made with my handy dandy el cheapo home made vacu-form rig. One thing I should add. There is nothing in the rear of the fuselage to support the tail wheel so I glued in a little bulkhead I made from styrene card.

He112 (33)r.jpg

He112 (34)r.jpg

I just used the original canopy that came with the kit and sanded it down a bunch and stuffed it with Plasticine so it didn't collapse. It had huge great thick frames anyways and looked silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back