Russian aircraft id

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"Pisis" sounds like a poor translation, I don't know from what language. Maybe it is an african dialect. He,he,he

Olliieholmes,I've just read the text and I must say tha the translation is poor really. Hawever, it is enought to understand the author. Unfortunately, the computer translator made some errors.For sure, the russian letter "B" was translated into the english "V",althought names of planes were written correctly in english. In the same way, letters "P" and "C" were translated into "R" and "S". So, S-47,S-54 are C-47,C-54 and R-59,R-80 are P-59,P-80. I hope, it can help you to find proper information on the topic.

Best regards

Thank you guys. I have read through it and it is not a very good trnaslator but thats computers for you.

Now to go through and change all the letters around so they are correct, and start making sense of it.

I think i may well have just blown my currant project secrecy but never mind.

Hi guys!!!
Gnomey, sorry for my misunderstanding. Yesterday I was so tired ,I couldn't catch on to. Forgive me.

Ollieholmes it's for you. It can be useful for future translations from Russian into English.

Attachments

• russian_alphabet_144.gif
    russian_alphabet_144.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 429
What about R-59, R80 and S-54 then? They don't seem to fit in as I am not sure of an aircraft called the R-80. The S-54 could be a C-54 but that is by no means certain... A US transport plane of the Cold War.

P-59 Aircomet jet powered fighter.The official Service Year for the first production model of the P-59 Airacomet is 1942.

P-80 Shooting Star the Lockheed fighter/bomber.The official Service Year for the first production model of the Lockheed F-80 / P-80 Shooting Star is 1945.

C-54 Skymaster a transport plane.The official Service Year for the first production model of the C-54 Skymaster is 1942.

The text where their names are mentioned is connected to a context of the technology.So there is no problem I think.

Yes they are.I think it's because of the poor quality of the convertion.The program-translator has made many errors in the translation.The whole text is incomprehensible in some cases.The Russian one was better understandable.

I have been doing some reaserch and have come across the following aircraft codes and i dont know what aeroplanes they are:
R-59
R-80
v-17
v-24
v-29
s-54

I have been lead to believe that they are Russian aeroplanes (possibly jets) but i was hoping people may be able to help here.

It's not the exact answer to your question but some notes.
Experiemental attack aircraft (bombers) in USSR just before WWII and partially during the war has just number codes as a rule. For example Tu-2 is the name for serial production aircraft and experimental aircraft on which Tu-2 based is "103". Number code has a name "factory code" (as an experimental aircrafts produced on a base a aircraft factory which supported and provided with machinery and equipment an "OCB" = a group designers which is headed by a chief designer . Chief designers were Lavochkin, Yakovlev, Tupolev etc.
For fighters - used the prefix which equivalent is "I" (it sounds as "I" sounds in the closed syllable). For example Yak-1 on experimental stage had a name "I-26". But all Policarpov's fighters - serial and experimental - has such a prefix. During the was because of situation and a fact that almost all the experimental aircraft are mainly deriviations of existing aircraft models on project stage many experimental aircraft has names which before the war were given only to serial models.
But there were some exceptions. For example according to spec for first soviet jet fighter aircraft designed by Lavochkin has a codename "168" - and another one designed by Mikoyan - "I-310" (but its "factory code" was "C' which sounds as "S", and serial code MiG-15).
Later experimental fighters "MiG" were given codes "E" (sounds as "E" sounds in closed syllable).
After the WWII end experimental bombers has codes consist of "B" (it is an equivalent for russian litter which sounds the same as english B). So Tu-4 on experimental stage has a name B-4.
But a bit later codes were changed and so for instance Tu-95 has experimental code "aircraft 95".

Здравствуй Gorizont !!!

I don't know if you have read the text in your language which I was sent by Ollieholmes in that time.You can be sure that the Russian text was correct with the names.The translator was written by programmer in wrong way.Its procedures haven't been able to manage both the Russian grammar rules and pronunciation of the Russian letters and words.That's all.
But, thanks mate for the info.It can be really useful for everybody who hasn't known the Russian's rules of codding of aircrafts.Well done.:D

пока друг,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back