Sad news....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have fun cheesy im off to Spain in 3 weeks time.
Heres a couple of those Gib Pictures Med

Attachments

• gib1_632.jpg
    gib1_632.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 127
  • gib_6_153.jpg
    gib_6_153.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 122
  • gib_5_143.jpg
    gib_5_143.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 121
It was shut when we went but apparently I cost an absolute bomb to build it faces the straights directly opposite the town that is part of Spanish territory on the north African side and as the guide said they never seem to mention that when discussing Gibs sovereignty

Not surprised - Gibraltarians hate the Spanish more than anything else in the world. This is not helped by the custom officials making them queue for ages to cross the border.

The Spanish ask how we would like it if say Penzance was a Spanish enclave - a fair point, but considering the cheaper booze, wine, cigarettes, and relaxed licencing laws that would exist there were that the case, I'd say it'd be the number one short break for the entire country.

Nice apes, trackend! :)

These are the only two pics I could locate at the moment. Not the best, but what the hell.

Attachments

• hmcs_iroquois_departs_gibraltar_1_625.jpg
    hmcs_iroquois_departs_gibraltar_1_625.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 102
  • me_with_apes_153.jpg
    me_with_apes_153.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 121
I really like the Iroquois shot Skim
I think we may have left ourselves open for a few remarks (like "which monkey are you" Track)
PS I Notice in my info Skim that the Iroquois/tribal class destroyers where due for decommissioning last year do you know if it has been done yet
If they have it seems a pity as they where a bloody good vessels.

trackend said:
PS I Notice in my info Skim that the Iroquois/tribal class destroyers where due for decommissioning last year do you know if it has been done yet
If they have it seems a pity as they where a bloody good vessels.
Of the four of them, only one is currently planned for decommissioning. That would be HMCS Huron. They are pretty good ships, but like a lot of Canadian equipment :rolleyes:, they're beginning to show their age. I've sailed on two of them, and I had a pretty good run on them. :)

As always Skim it comes down to money and military kit has always cost a fortune. My old home town had a population of 12,000 odd in 1940 and they had a whip round with the intention of buying a Spitfire but in the end they only raised enough for the engine which was put on display outside the local movie house. But nowadays the technological research and build costs must be phenominal by comparison. So I assume everything ends up going past its sell by date. Even the States has started to feel the pinch so it must be ten times worse for us and yourselves.

Medvedya said:
http://news.mod.uk/news_headline_story.asp?newsItem_id=3088

:(

About 5 minutes before this happened I flew past this C-130 about 500m out the left side of it. We did not hear about it though until we landed back at out home station. We were all in shock about it. We actually heard it was a SA-7 that shot it down, but we could not get it confirmed because we left Iraq before anything was found out. So we did not know if it was shot down or it crashed because of mechanical failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back