Sad ANZAC Day news (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oggie2620

Airman
Apr 20, 2010
RAF Honington
From another forum

Sadly, 4 Kiwi airman have joined the long list of those who have died in the service of their country. A Huey from No 3 Sqn RNZAF crashed en route RNZAF Ohakea to Wellington for the ANZAC commemoration. 3 on board died; oneis seriously injured in hospital. :cry:

Not alot being said

It went down in mist and low cloud apparently if thats anything to go by

Media are crying the ' Hueys are over 40 years old' or some crap
This is terrible news :(

As far as the media goes, they'll always try and pin the cause on anything they think will create a stir. It's good for ratings.

We've had the Iroquois' since 1966, so it's true they're not young, but you can bet if there was anything suspicious with them they would be grounded in a flash. Our mechanics and pilots are professionals, so I'm guessing the weather played a key role here.

My friend Glen who is based at Ohakea says that they had the first of the burials yesterday. I hope the Station Padre took the service becuase having met him he is a lovely man and would make a very good fist of it. His father was a 75 (NZ) Sqn Bomber boy and hes been at Ohakea for some time so would be really appropriate.
Ohakea Base is a very devastated place at the moment..
Dee:cry:

I'm not surprised Dee...We lost an instructor and pupil in a CT/4B crash when I was in...everyone was saddened at the loss.
Thanks for the update.

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back