safe to use? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
are the decals safe to use, now?
a2a41d8b.jpg

I'm guessing these are the ones that had discoloured with age, that you 'bleached' in sunlight? They should be OK, just handle with care, in case they have gone slightly brittle.

these are the decals I was telling you about, they're from the 1/720 USS Abraham Lincoln kit. they were yellowed. and I put them in the sun for a while. I'm just wondering if they're ok to use? ^^;

I think there shouldn't be any problems.Anyway you can try to test them using one of these white strips. Simply cut off one of them with a sharp scalpel razor for instance.And then follow the way for decals applying.

Whenever I'm not sure, I give my decals a spray with Testors Glosscote. It is well worth the effort as most cannot be re-placed. If you use Microscale sol and set there is no way to detect the spray job anyway.
Ed

If the decals are a bit fragile keep the water pretty only just warmish. They should come off the backing paper without much trouble. Otherwise too warmer water and it will just destroy the decal and too cold and you'll find it won't seperate so well.

Cheers.

I see...I usually use hot water to make the decals come off faster but i'll give lukewarm water a try.

it looks like it, yeah. there wasn't as much yellowing as there was when I first saw them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back