second attempt lockheed P80 shooting star aword models 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TimEwers

Airman 1st Class
Aug 28, 2010
this is where I am at on this build I am determine to finish this thing.

The instructions called for pearl grey which I used Humbrol 166 with a Aztek A470 airbrush with the tan nozzle at 20 lb pressure may have gotten too much paint on it I don't know first time in a while with a airbrush just happy I got it painted, I also Don't know how much thinner I used, I added a bit at a time and mixed it till it came out.

If you build it things to note are the front landing gear is fragile I broke it off three times the gear doors are all too big for their openings and the landing gear is too big to fit and too short it's a tail sitter but since I don't have any weight to put in it it will just have to be one.

If you don't care about those little details then it's not a bad kit considering it's the only thing out for the A/B version
But here are the pictures.

Attachments

• Picture 671.jpg
    Picture 671.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 256
  • Picture 669.jpg
    Picture 669.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 289
  • Picture 670.jpg
    Picture 670.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 255
Good progress...
Mybe mutch better for you and nervs :) will be that you have leaved gears, gear door and fuel tanks off and glue them after?

Whats is that hole in the nose?

Cheers

Roman

Opening in the nose is for the landing light it's a clear part which is why I left it off.

And I wish I had some weight to put in there but I don't so it will be a tail sitter.

here is where I am at on decaling.

one thing on the decals there is supposed to be decals for the guns no 62 but on the sheet 62 is blank guess it did not print. Decals at least the big ones so far are going down ok don't seem to need to hold them in water for so long.

After getting the rest of the parts on it's no longer a tail sitter so no weight is needed which is good as the front landing gear is fragile.

Attachments

• Picture 682.jpg
    Picture 682.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture 683.jpg
    Picture 683.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 684.jpg
    Picture 684.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 148

Users who are viewing this thread

Back