Secret Chinese and Japanese Aircraft of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jay Slater

Recruit
Oct 24, 2007
Dear All,

I was wondering if you kind people may be of assistance. I am researching (well, attempting) to find authors and information who might be interested in a book project on secret Chinese and Japanese aircraft of WW2. I have worked on a successful range of secret and operational German, Russian and British planes but would very much like to expose more on the Asian scientific angle during the war.

I know that the Japanese were fairly advanced towards the fall of the World War 2, but little is known of China and its aviation research development programme - if any. It would be highly appreciated if you kind people could give me some advice or put me in touch with people who could point me in the right direction.

Much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jay Slater

Hi Jay,

You may find some info on Japanese aircraft at the link below.
REPORTS OF THE U.S. NAVAL TECHNICAL MISSION TO JAPAN

Also try this link J-aircraft.com Main Page and talk with Jim Lansdale. Forum leader at the web site and has a high knowledge on Japanese aircraft. Its been a while but if I remember right he is also a author of books.

As for Chinese aircraft it seems to be more of a black hole. Most of the aircraft flown in WWII that I know of where American made. At the end of the war the Chinese used a combination of captured Japanese aircraft given to them from the Soviets at the end of WWII and aircraft given to them by the Americans during WWII and used in there civil war after WWII for control of the country.

Maybe some one will know more but in my option I beleive the Chinese airforce is one of the current unknown super powers for the history of air power.

Hope that helps.

...but wait! there's more!

Projected Chinese fighter, the 'D-2'.

And the 'Fushing Biplane' from around 1936, designed by C.L.Zakhartchenko (on left). General B.H. Chow is sitting on main wheel.

Painted, with 'Burma' on the side to signify that it had been paid for by contributions made by Chinese living in Burma.

From Air Classics, 1973?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back