Seriously Low Pass....?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mudpuppy

Senior Airman
I saw this youtube linked from gizmodo.com and just blows my mind that the pilot really got that low; I'm thinking it must have been unintentional.
The text from the website (accuracy not guarnateed) lists the follwing description of this Argentinian pilot and the jet.
Jesus Diaz —A Spanish pilot friend of mine sends me this stunning video of a low pass flyby in Argentina. I just can't believe the mad man who was flying this jet got it so close to the ground. Watch:

The airplane is an FMA IA 63, an Argentinian trainer jet that can also fight in combat. I don't know what speed he is pushing, but this 31-foot wingspan bird can reach 442 knots (509mph, 819km/h) at almost 23,000 feet. One thing is for sure: By the looks of it, it can't be flying much higher than one meter from the ground at the lowest point.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-vawv4Bg0

Hoping that I correctly embedded the video link. I'd really like to hear some thoughts from RL pilots on this video...Is it real? (it looks like it to me).

Yep, that's pretty assinine if you ask me.

EDIT: Sorry John, we crossed posts. I didn't mean the Spitfire vid but rather the original subject.

Last edited:
The first one was all due to something being lost in translation over the radio. Someone called out "Flymo the grass" to the airfield gardeners, and the pilot picked it up as 'Fly low to the grass' ......... I'll get me coat !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back