She's alive !!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You're right - but with this week's jackpot, or the Euro Millions lottery, a few million would help! Now, back to the world of dreams ......

Well, that's where I'd have to go!
The pics of RR299 in deep service (i.e. stripped down) are on transparencies, but I can make some 'so so' scans and post them - I think some might be on loan to a friend, the ones showing the main cockpit, but the overall shots, and some detail shots are all here in my files. Leave it with me and I'll get something sorted.

That'd be great Terry; only if it doesn't put you out. I never get tired of seeing photos of that aeroplane.

Specifically, Blenheim, New Zealand

Hmmm nah, gumbyman, gotta be Avspecs and Glynn Powell - wouldn't do it without him on board. Y'know, Jay Mackintyre and Marty Nicoll are good, reeee-al good, but are they de Havilland Mosquito good? :D

I've just heard that it has flown, and is in the air. Only footage of her taxiing as yet...

Thanks for posting Wuzak; I missed that episode of Close Up. I got to sit in the cockpit of W4050 once; I got shivers up my spine. Very special aeroplane, possibly the most historically important WW2 era machine to survive.

Tempest V, Typhoon and a Whirlwind

Avspecs, the same crowd who did the Mossie is restoring a Tempest II to flying condition, although their next creation to fly will be a Spit XIV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back