She's alive !!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
Very cool. There's an airshow this coming Saturday (29th) where it will be the undoubted star. Will be a de Havilland themed event, although I've been told there might be an Anson I flying as well. :)

Strange, I posted a reply yesterday, and now it ain't here! Never mind - it's fantastic to see and hear - looking forward to seeing (and hearing) it airborne!

Great watches. And a brand new mould made up by Glyn Powell too - made from photo studies no less. The team must be feeling very happy.
Looking forward to the flight video.

Yep, not since RR299 tragically crashed at Barton in 1996. I saw it for a few years before it was lost, including at Legends the week before it crashed. Lovely sight. Terry, didn't you say you were supposed to be on fire duty at Barton that day?

This shindig on Saturday is going to be biiiig - that's if the weather holds out; forecast for Auckland on Saturday is for rain. There's a dinner on in the evening and there'll be quite a few Mossie Veterans in attendance as special guests. I'm not going, but I'm going to visit a chap as part of a group of enthusiasts where there'll be a couple of Vets on Sunday. This guy has a Vickers Vincent (!) under restoration.

Great stuff Grant, and yes, I normally looked after the fire crew and ground marshalling at the Barton air show, but had to be away on another job that day. Just as well, as it was a horrific crash. I'd had the opportunity, over the years, to see RR299 close up a number of times, including a tour when she was in deep service in the 1980s (got the pics somewhere!), and knew the crews in a 'to talk to' sort of way. A very tragic loss, so great to see another 'Mossie' airborne.
Just want one flying in Europe now - maybe if I win the lottery!

Airframes, I think you would have to win TWO lotteries. One for each engine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back