Ship Commanders....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thx! I'll give it a try. My Dad was an old Navy man. He let out a kindly sigh in 2003 when he got close to an Old Navy store-- and found out it wasn't what he'd hoped for.

If anyone knows of Charles ccheese on FB please share I'm FB too. Helen Dewey Reikofski. PS-Is FUBAR more one branch and SNAFU more another? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have edited your post because of the email address you posted there. Please don't make it public in that way because it may result in overflowing of your account with spam. It is enough if you set the address here in your personal settings here, It should be set in the Contact Details option and then make available in the Privacy section.

BTW... Ccheese is on FB. Just use his forum nick to find.

Last edited:
I know I'm skewed to the USN but here are a few:

Gilbert Hoover, of the Helena at Guadalcanal

Richard O'Kane, the top US Sub skipper, and POW

Howard Gilmore, Commander of USS Growler, he ordered the boat down while still on the bridge because he knew he couldn't make it in time.

Kenmore McManes and J. G. Coward, the leaders of Desron 24 and 54 at the Suriago Straight, they executed one of the best text book Destroyer attacks of the War

All of the COs at the First Battle of Guadalcanal fought their ships gallantly.

Lieutenant Norman "Bill" Jewell of HMS Seraph, the submarine used for Operation Mincemeat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back