Show us your tackle....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
box, tool box or whatsit!
Started to look around for different styles of boxes to keep my paints, tools etc in one place. These are some that I'm looking at, and they're all under 20 of the Queens best folding....except the last which is 24 :oops:.

Attachments

• Tackle box blue.jpg
    Tackle box blue.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Tackle box green-grey.jpg
    Tackle box green-grey.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 120
  • Tackle box green 2.bmp
    277.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Tackle box green 3.bmp
    277.8 KB · Views: 133
You know, I just wanted to create a good laugh when I typed that...I knew that it would worry some people here, but that's life. Hopefully I succeeded.... :lol:
Anyhoo, would any of these be useful you think? Those Vallejo paint thingmabobs are a bit taller than the usual stuff. Starting to get a tad messy with all the bits and bobs spread out on the shelf...

Yes, I know......I'm off my nuts! :lol:

The first one is similar to the one I got from a fishing tackle (!) shop Jan, although I think mine is a bit bigger, with 'slots' that can each hold 4 tins of Humbrol,on two trays, and room in the bottom for tools, Vallejo bottles and other stuff.
The last one you've shown looks rather like some at a store local to me, where they are about £5 - considerably cheaper old boy!
Would you like me to check it out, or get one for you?
I'm visualising the size, and guess it'll be around 18 inches by 8 by 10, or 225x100x125mm, maybe a bit bigger.

I've had a quick shuftie old chap. It wasn't quite as I thought, being slightly smaller, probably about 16x8x8, and looks smilar to the last two you posted. However, it doesn't have cantilever trays, just one, lift-out tray, and the box itself. Could still be useful, at £5 - it's up to you old fruit!

But a shoe box will wilt under the rain god, a tackle box is simply.. indestructible!! A mobile paint case, with shelves for testors, tamiya, humbrol, VALLEJO!!! Oh have you struck gold Jan :lol:

A tackle box would be way too big for my little paint collection..

I use Sterilite 3 drawer organizers -

spacesavers_2061_22111134

Item - STER-20238004

The drawers are high enough to take a 1/2 oz bottle of with ease. They're cheap (about 7$ at Walmart), stackable and easy to store. I have three of those units.

One is completely devoted to paints with two shelves completely for acrylic paints and the third drawer for brushes and pipettes. I used some cardboard slats as internal dividers to separate the paints into 5 groups: German, US, Italian and Japanese colors and general purpose (leather, rust, khaki, gunmetal etc.)

The second unit is used for storing kit accessories - one drawer for photoetch parts, one drawer for resin customizing kits, and one for vacuform canopies, resin wheel sets and painting masks.

The third unit has decals in one drawer, spare parts in another, and styrene (sheet and rod), thread, brass wire etc. in the third.

I used to keep my tools in those as well but moved to them to the drawers of my new workbench. :D

I have that.. first drawer is random bits I dont want to lose when im working on kits, second is my airbrush crap, and the third is sand paper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back