Signature Rules

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think it slightly unfair that there are different rules for different people here

Some of the sigs are 600x200 plus and 150kb yet new people have to try to get an image to look descent at 500x100 and only 19.5kb.

Perhaps some of you with the spectacular sigs that you squezed in early should try to fit them to this restriction and see what they look like?

For gods sake 19.5kb who came up with that, you couldnt scan a postage stampto look good at that, my avatar is almost that big.

Whats the deal, RHIP or what?

Surely that defeats the object of a signature image if you cant attach it to your signature or have to link it to somewhere else?

BTW yours is 469x162 and 82.3kb thats 4x the size allowed to new users.

And I'm not complaining so much as trying to discover why the playing field isn't flat.

oh and I also notice that despite this being a sticky notice about sigs it does not say that the size has changed to the current.

And if you look you will see it isn't hosted here on the forum...

Nobody use the upload signature box on the edit signature section because it doesn't work even if the size is right. What people do is go here: Signature/General Pics Upload - Aircraft of World War II - Warbird Forums

and upload their sig as an attachment here: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/si...ial-sig-avatar-test-thread-continued-795.html

And then follow these steps to get it work: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/si...official-how-make-signature-thread-10669.html

Thanks for that clarification it explains the situation perfectly.

Much appreciate your time on this and have followed your advice.

I think it slightly unfair that there are different rules for different people here

Some of the sigs are 600x200 plus and 150kb yet new people have to try to get an image to look descent at 500x100 and only 19.5kb.

Perhaps some of you with the spectacular sigs that you squezed in early should try to fit them to this restriction and see what they look like?

For gods sake 19.5kb who came up with that, you couldnt scan a postage stampto look good at that, my avatar is almost that big.

Whats the deal, RHIP or what?

What are you talking about? The rules are the same for everyone.

600x200 is the size that we allow. There are probably some people here with a bit larger than 600x200. We mods usually tell them to make it smaller, sometime we let it stay if it is not to distracting.

Just upload your pic as a normal picture, copy and past the address into your signature editor and it will show as your signature.

Edit: I see now that Gnomey has got your squared you away.

Yeah tried using the same method i have used on other forums and it didnt work, got me frustrated.

But one of your compatriots pointed me in the right direction.

What are you talking about? The rules are the same for everyone.

600x200 is the size that we allow. There are probably some people here with a bit larger than 600x200. We mods usually tell them to make it smaller, sometime we let it stay if it is not to distracting.

Just upload your pic as a normal picture, copy and past the address into your signature editor and it will show as your signature.

Edit: I see now that Gnomey has got your squared you away.
Just have been to the User CP; it says in the signature part ot the CP the picture is to be no larger then 500x100. Tried to save a 450x190, but it cant be saved.

Do this.

And if you look you will see it isn't hosted here on the forum...

Nobody use the upload signature box on the edit signature section because it doesn't work even if the size is right. What people do is go here: Signature/General Pics Upload - Aircraft of World War II - Warbird Forums

and upload their sig as an attachment here: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/si...ial-sig-avatar-test-thread-continued-795.html

And then follow these steps to get it work: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/si...official-how-make-signature-thread-10669.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back