Simo Häyhä -Uber Sniper (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
White Death: the Sniper Who Killed 700 Soviets in 100 Days.... so they say

Of course an iron-sighted rifle also made aiming more difficult, but with 505 confirmed kills as a sniper – the other 200 he shot using a sub-machine gun – Häyhä clearly had a keen eye. Another tactic this greatest of gunmen used to conceal his own position from the enemy was to compact the snow before him so that his shot would not disturb the snow, and in true commando fashion he also kept his mouth was full of snow so that his breath did not give him away.

whats with the sub-machine gun kills?

White Death: the Sniper Who Killed 700 Soviets in 100 Days|Environmental Graffiti

2627200270104181437S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I saw this refernce earlier today but didn't have time to pull the posting together. Are there other supporting reports on this guy? Not really doubtig the factual content of the report; but man!.....700 enemy combatants with over 2/3's of them killed with a bolt action rifle! That is a level of sniper skills and ruthlessness in a category all by itself.
I know i'd fight tooth and nail, with clubs and stones if need be to defend my homeland; (luckily my buddies Smith Wesson tell me I don't have to) but I can't imagine the hunters mindset needed to put HUNDREDS of people in your gunsight.
On top of all this; he survived what should have been a lethal shot, hunted moose and lived to be 96. Wow, what do the people in Finland put in their food or water? Is it regular use of those saunas?
Derek

Info about him has been posted many times but this is a new article and i dont get tired of reading about him
Imagine if he was active till 1945

Users who are viewing this thread

Back