SINK THE BISMARCK

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dang. I love Johnny Horton (and I typically hate most country music!)!!! "Battle of New Orleans" was his most famous, I think....but my second fav was "Bismark". I also loved some of his Civil War stuff, too....tryin to remember titles...."Johnny Reb" bein one, and I recall one about the Battle of Antietem. Man....wish my braincell worked better....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJD0Eall4Dw

Found the other one: The Battle of Bull Run

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8wgNKFdp54

BTW, NJ, for the record, that has to be the most AWESOME frikkin video ever! Legos re-enacting the Battle of New Orleans...complete with alligator...!!!!!!

I've been to Chalmette, LA where the battle of NO was fought... the song rang through my head.

There shoulda been some verses about the Catalina that found her and the Swordfish that jammed the rudder.

"Some long legged Cats searched far and wide
Through miles of mist and clouds the Bismark's wake was spied
we've found the demon ship the radio call went out
Churchill smiled and lit a cigar, knowing it would be a rout.

The plane they call stringbag was tote'n a mighty load
packin a torpedo with Bismarks name on her .. it was wrote
in the water the iron fish swum towards the towering mass.
The ogre they call Bismark was crippled by just one splash.

I have a 2 disc set of Johnny Horton. Rocket 88 is another good one, but I agree with you guys, I like his more historically based songs. It's a hard choice for me between Sink the Bismarck and Battle of New Orleans as my favorite one.

I found a Youtube vid loooooong time ago...it was the "Snoopy vs. Red Baron", but the video was from an RC plane gathering. Of course, one was a Fokker triplane (red)....the other was the most awesome thing I'd ever seen, a flying doghouse! I can't find the dang vid anymore, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back