Sinking of the British troop ship Rohna

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

not to get too off-topic but have heard the Eagles nest was to be rebuilt with a very nice Hotel establishment taking over ? True Adler ??

also the mtn climbing is especially awesome. It is one of my to do lists when I get back over

may go off slightly and interpose more guided bomb to Allied ship attacks on this thread via KG 40 and the like next week.

E ~

Back in the 1980s, the US military had a nice facility in Berchtesgaden. I don't know if it got turned back over to Germany or not. I did not get an opportunity to go there, but I had friends that did and they said it was incredible.

Yes Erich it was turned into a Restaurant and the food is very good. The Restaurent is in the main room where the large stone fire place is set. The view is very panoramic and beautiful with the Bavarian and Austrian Alps surrounding you all over. It really is breath taking. Here is a link:

http://www.eagles-nest.de/index2_e.htm

Yes for the most part it was turned over to the Germans again. Now there is another location outside of Garmisch. The one in Chiemsee got turned over last year to the Germans also.

Attachments

• kehlsteinhaus_195.jpg
    kehlsteinhaus_195.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 586
  • kehlsteinhaus1_145.jpg
    kehlsteinhaus1_145.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 268
Evangilder:

I totally understand you.

I expect that for future debatings you will understand my style of pointing things out.

Trackend:

I do think it would be silly to heat up debating what regime was worse. I do not think it is necessary to go there. I agree with you, it is a matter of opinion.

It is human life what should matter, and it in terms of loss of human life it was the soviet communist system who deported and murdered (by far) the most human beings. This is docummented; the only issue pending some more accuracy is how many millions died due to the terror of the soviet communist regime (especially during Stalin´s stay in office, continued -with less intensity- with Bulganin and Khruschev and those who followed).

There are several interesting works focused on this matter. I for one would recommend "Le Livre Noir du Communisme: Terreur, Repression, Crime". Stephane Curtoise and co-authors.

I assume you do know communism strived for dominating the planet.

Quoting you again, it is a matter of opinion, and of personal taste that will lead each individual to prefer the bolsheviks over the nazis, or vice-versa.
On that, none of us can control anything.

I dont know, the Nazi regime was pretty clear in the annialation of a whole race. Yes Stalin killed his own people also and we may never know how many because of the Iron Curtain but it is hard to top what Hitler did.

Udet, thanks for that. I think we all get passionate about history to some extent or another. For me, I try to look at the facts and try to investigate which is true or if neither is when there are conflicts. All sides are guilty of mis-claims and the like, the degree of which is dependant on the source, of course.

You have indeed made some good points. If you tone down the political parts of them a bit, it would be good. I don't necessarily disagree with your message, just sometimes the delivery. Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back