[Closed Issue] Site doesn't load on my phone anymore (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Ever since the update, I can no longer launch the site from my Samsung phone. The bookmark that I had gave me an error saying the site was unavailable so I launched the site from a google search but only after ignoring a security warning saying that the connection is not private . That worked but I can't navigate from the home page without receiving a "Page could not be loaded" error. Phone software updates are set to download automatically so I should be current for Android.

It works on my Samsung A51 using chrome ?
Yeah, I'm guessing it's something else but want to be sure first. Might be:
- cache problems ( changing browser should fix this)
- certificate storage in android ( gives the privacy warning)
- DNS problem, but then there should be a difference between using Wifi and 4G I guess.

Marcel Marcel The issues is associated with this change. DST Root CA X3 Expiration (September 2021) - Let's Encrypt

His device is android 7. Sometimes the TLS works but not perfectly. I'm sure their are others on older devices that have issues since CA expired. As seen above older systems and devices don't have updated root CAs.

I need to look into another TLS cert issuer that has root CA on older devices. A internet issue of devices lasting longer and thus creating compatibility issues. This problem will only grow with time.

Marcel Marcel The issues is associated with this change. DST Root CA X3 Expiration (September 2021) - Let's Encrypt

His device is android 7. Sometimes the TLS works but not perfectly. I'm sure their are others on older devices that have issues since CA expired. As seen above older systems and devices don't have updated root CAs.

I need to look into another TLS cert issuer that has root CA on older devices. A internet issue of devices lasting longer and thus creating compatibility issues. This problem will only grow with time.
Ah Android 7 is EOL indeed. Thanks for that, I didn't know. I have some sites using let's encrypt as well. At least I know I can expect problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back