SMS on cell phones

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, see, I have a social life with four different groups of a friends (each group must contain about 20 or so people). And on weekends it's important to text the "leaders" of each group to see which has the best plan for the party. Then there's plenty of times in the mornings when I'm at work (5:30am) that my brother will have been working nights too, and ask if I want a lift home. And then there's the girlfriend texting me in the morning, or calling me. Then there's my tattoo artists askin' if I want to come in for a free tatt! I'll tell you, social lives are expensive ...don't get one ! :lol:

I have a mobile (Cell Phone) and it wonds me up when I get a text in Cell Phone jargon that takes m8 10 minutes to figure out what it's saying. I would rather just talk on it, but I would be lost if I didn't have it as I don't really get any calls on the land line.

I don't even have my phone on unless I'm expecting a call. A good plan for people who really only care about using a phone, and not so much about the bells and whistles (i.e. text messaging, emails, sports reports) is Alltel, which I use and get service under mountain passes and in the middle of no where. Anyone else see the data report that shows that 16-24 year olds talking on a cellphone while driving have the same reaction time as a drunk 80 year old? Thats kind of somber, but I think more of the public should know that driving is difficult enough with all the random things that can happen on the road, without throwing in the distraction of driving and talking or texting on a cell phone.

In the last three years I have attended two fatal car accidents with the Fire Brigade directly caused by texting while driving, and it was the other driver that copped it both times.

The person texting was relaxed at the point of impact and had wandered over the centerline on both occasions.

And that is only the fatals. I guess it is one subject I am rabid about.

Piece of advice, get a handsfree kit, or better yet, pull the h@ll of the road.

Body bags are NOT a fashion statement you want to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back