So, I have started to fly in gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jenisch

Staff Sergeant
Oct 31, 2011
Hello,

I want to become a pilot, and started to fly in gliders, currently I'm flying in a L-23 Super Blanik.

I'm having a little of difficulty, already in my fifth flight and still didn't dominated straith line flight and curves of small and medium inclination yet, but I'm slowly learning. :D

Any glider pilots here?

I have about 15 hours in gliders. Sounds like you're too heavy in the controls (gripping the stick too hard). Everything is in small suttle movements. The L23 is a good trainer. Hope you're flying it on a hard runway or really soft landing field.

Our member 'Glider' is a glider pilot, who can maybe offer suggestions. I'd agree with Joe though - sounds like control input is too heavy. Hold the stick with a light touch and just 'feel' the pedals, and you should notice the difference.

good for you! i thought that would be a lot of fun and was seriously looking into it as a way to get back into flying. unfortunately, the one guy ( instructor ) i knew gave up his plane and the closest school is 200 miles away.

Hi Jenisch,
Welcome to aviating - you'll be forever broke now :D

It sounds like you're trying too hard. Sit back, relax, and let the glider do the work.

Now I'm getting better guys! When making a turn, I wasn't holding the stick firmly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back