Somali Hijackers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They need to mount .50 cals on the bow and stern of the cargo ships. Anything gets within 1000 yards, open fire. Stupid pirates!

I guess the US crew took the ship back!

Pentagon says crew retake US ship from pirates

"The crew is back in control of the ship," a U.S. official said at midday, speaking on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to speak on the record. "It's reported that one pirate is on board under crew control — the other three were trying to flee," the official said. The status of the other pirates was unknown, the official said, but they were reported to "be in the water."

It seems that the U.S. flagged merchant ship was able to fend off the pirates and captured one of them. The news says that the cargo ship crew were trained in security and how to deal with pirates. The surprising part is that the crew didn't have any weapons.

Odds are with you when there are 20 of you and only four of them, armed or unarmed. Sooner or later, they have to get tired. With a well trained crew, they could overpower them and leave them in the drink. Don't know how good a skinny would taste to a shark though...

Odds are with you when there are 20 of you and only four of them, armed or unarmed. Sooner or later, they have to get tired. With a well trained crew, they could overpower them and leave them in the drink. Don't know how good a skinny would taste to a shark though...

Yeah, I guess you are right. I don't know why they wouldn't give the crew something to defend themselves, maybe at least a Chinese Star. :)

Solution to the pirate problem:

"Q-Ships"

1. Deploy ships that look harmless and vulnerable.
2. Pirates approach
3. Mini guns, MK29 Grenade launchers, 40mm guns pop-up from storage containers and behind railings.
4. The sea is chummed w/pirate meat

.. hell, most of the pirates are armed with machetes and rusty RPG's... a few single shot .50 cals for the good guys and you have a floating sniper school.

Merchant marine sailors are prohibited from carrying fire arms but a para military detachment of Q-Ships would be ideal. it would make a great reality TV series too!

Q-ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Solution to the pirate problem:

"Q-Ships"

1. Deploy ships that look harmless and vulnerable.
2. Pirates approach
3. Mini guns, MK29 Grenade launchers, 40mm guns pop-up from storage containers and behind railings.
4. The sea is chummed w/pirate meat

.. hell, most of the pirates are armed with machetes and rusty RPG's... a few single shot .50 cals for the good guys and you have a floating sniper school.

Merchant marine sailors are prohibited from carrying fire arms but a para military detachment of Q-Ships would be ideal. it would make a great reality TV series too!

Q-ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Absolute Brilliance. :badgrin:

Latest from FOX....

Pirates are off the ship in a lifeboat, but are holding the captain and another crewman as hostages.

USS Bainbridge is on her way to the area.

TO

Heard they just grabbed a US Flagged ship with 20 American citizens onboard. Send in the SEALS.

1. Save the Crew
2. Save the Ship
3. Dump the pirate remains overboard.

That's pretty much the mission goals for those guys.

As for all those Navies working together, it doesn't strike me as odd. Though Govts come and go, Naval Personel tend to be pretty proffesional and long lasting. They usually try to stay out of politics and develop standard operating procedures to avoid running into each other in a bad way. Usually get along well.

As long as you keep the Pakistani and Indian Units seperated. Probably the same for the Iranians and everyone else but the Russians. Let the Ruskies bother with 'em.

Why separate the Iranians, aren't they allowed to do their but alongside the US and her allies? Otherwise agree with all sentiments expressed here...

Q-ships....right on! As for the crew taking the ship back...Maersk should give them all a raise and an open bar-tab. And some hard-core hand-to-hand combat training.

Maybe this'll show up as a movie sometime soon, Lord knows Hollywood is out of ideas for new stuff. Or maybe a new FPS, Call of Duty-style!!!

Prayers are still with the Skipper and crewman...prayin that at least one of the pirates has more than half a braincell between his ears...

This is a new frontier for PMC's to get more involved in getting contracts to defend maritime activities in pirate infested areas. It has to suck to have to battle thugs with AK-47's with firehoses.

Why separate the Iranians, aren't they allowed to do their but alongside the US and her allies? Otherwise agree with all sentiments expressed here...

We don't get along very well with Iran would be the main point I think he was making. Common sense.

On the contrary, isn't working with the Iranians a potentially sound step toward rapprochement and avoiding the need for yet another costly Middle Eastern war? Or has the US already decided to have that war anyways?

War is sometimes needed especially to stop fascism even if it is Islamo-fascism. If Iran want's nukes I think they can expect war and not just from us but the entire civilized world.

We will have to agree to disagree on the 'necessity' of this war. I accept it is a possibility, even a probability, but I don't see it as being inevitable. I think that for all of Iran's undoubted threat, there are gesture's like this one, and the talks with the US some weeks back, which show a willingness to engage and offer a possible starting point for dialogue. I also think that certain elements in US politics and society are attempting to ignore these admittedly small and faint opportunities at all costs, and pushing ahead with a war that was planned out and decided upon long ago. Indeed, by refusing to engage with Iran, they are making the war a self-fulfilling prophecy...

We don't get along very well with Iran would be the main point I think he was making. Common sense.

Yeah, that was the point I was making. They tend to iritate a lot of people. Seem to get along well with the Russians though. Put them in with them to work along side them. Probably make everyone happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back