Somali Pirates Attack US Flagged Ship "Maersk Alabama" Again (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The only problem is that they sit in fishing boats then drop the speed boat into the water and send it after the cargo ship. Pirates hide among the regular fishermen and are difficult to recognize until they are ready to go get something.
And if they're paying real close attention, they might just catch a glimpse of the periscope as it draws closer to the speed boat...

As an extra bonus, the people on the fishing boat will hear the commotion drifting across the waters in the darkness, but never saw what happened.

Just imagine the stories that'll end up passing around when they can't figure out what's happening to thier cohorts. Probably everything from Moby Dick, sea monsters demons to Elvis and UFOs.

But we'll know... :evil4:

And if they're paying real close attention, they might just catch a glimpse of the periscope as it draws closer to the speed boat...

As an extra bonus, the people on the fishing boat will hear the commotion drifting across the waters in the darkness, but never saw what happened.

Just imagine the stories that'll end up passing around when they can't figure out what's happening to thier cohorts. Probably everything from Moby Dick, sea monsters demons to Elvis and UFOs.

But we'll know... :evil4:
The sub would have to get pretty lucky to happen across one. If I was a ship's captain I'd rather defend my ship than wait for a sub that might not arrive.

800px-Periscope_Depth.jpg

00-submarine-emergency-surfacing-drill-Pacific-Ocean-USS-Columbus-SSN-762-19980604-Hawaii-medium.jpg

The United States Navy Attack Submarine USS Columbus (SSN 762) Performs a
Submarine Emergency Surfacing Drill In the Pacific Ocean, June 4, 1998
Off the Coast of Oahu, State of Hawaii, USA

I see where your going GrauGeist. Submarine Warfare hehehehe. Beware the grey wolves!.

While I think the C-130 gunships, torpedoes, subs, Phalanx guns, and everything would be really cool, it would just be too dang expensive. Those pirates just aren't worth it.

Putting 4 or 5 .50 cals on the freighters would chop a boat up pretty darn quick.

It should be a great time for Merc's.

While I think the C-130 gunships, torpedoes, subs, Phalanx guns, and everything would be really cool, it would just be too dang expensive. Those pirates just aren't worth it.

Putting 4 or 5 .50 cals on the freighters would chop a boat up pretty darn quick.

It should be a great time for Merc's.

True stuff there Thorlifter.

But whats a party without some fire works.

Heh. Emergency blows are fun. Can't really feel much back aft in the engineroom, but I had a bunk on one trip that was all the way forward, up against the sonar sphere's aft bulkhead. When the boat pops out of the water, hits is apex and starts back down, you get a second or two of freefall. :occasion5: Any skinnies underneath that would be toast.

Yep RA, the "gray death"...

No one would see what happened since the boat came up for the "deed" and quietly slipped back under afterwards.

Play the psychological angle a little bit with 'em :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back