US Marines Retake German Ship from Pirates

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Unfortunately, a lot of shipping companies are pacifists when it comes to pirate attacks. They refuse to arm and train their crews.

No, I am not talking about a traditional 18th Century 'Defense Against Pirate Attack' with the crew and pirates sword fighting on the deck of their ship with cutlasses.

While a merchant ship at sea, radar and infrared systems could detect the approach of any pirate vessels to the merchant ship. Then remotely operated Quad Fifty gun turrets could pop out of the deck and IF the pirates didn't leave the area after being warned-a short burst would take care of the problem.

I also like the idea of a few "Q Ships" based on the old World War I II models where war ships disguised as merchant ships swiftly blow away the pirates that approach the Q Ships.

I still say a few subs roaming the waters would be the perfect solution...the sub spots a longboat packed with skinnies, ladders along with various small arms and it's *whoosh* to Davey Jone's locker for the douchebags...swift, silent and no fan-fare.

Eventually the asshats would realize thier comrades are heading out to sea and disappearing without a trace and piracy wouldn't look so good after all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back