Some excellent books on WW2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vassili Zaitzev

Master Sergeant
Nov 25, 2005
Connecticut, United States
I have read Cornelius Ryans A Bridge Too Far, Gordon Pranges Miracle At Midway, and Stephen Ambroses Band Of Brothers and Pegasus Bridge. I've read em, I like em. Anybody else read these books and have other books on WW2 which are excellent. [/u]

An Army at Dawn by Rick Atkinson is great (part of a trilogy following the American military in Europe), also A Time for Trumpets: The Untold Story of the Battle of the Bulge and All American, All the Way are two great reads.

Monte Cassino by Matthew Parker

Burma - The Forgotten War by Jon Latimer

Panzer Leader by Heinz Guderian

Are all good reads.

I have read Cornelius Ryans A Bridge Too Far, Gordon Pranges Miracle At Midway, and Stephen Ambroses Band Of Brothers and Pegasus Bridge. I've read em, I like em. Anybody else read these books and have other books on WW2 which are excellent. [/u]
Carlo D'Este-- "Patton, A Genius For War"--more details about George Smith Patton Jr. than, IMO, have yet been presented, from his boyhood, VMI, West Point, his struggles with dyslexia, years with Pershing in Mexico and then in Europe in WW1, right on through his shift from cavalry to tanks, and through the defeat of the Nazis in Europe, and his efforts to help Germany recover from the war. Great read-- and as this is an aviation based site, Patton was one of the few field commanders in the ETO to fly recon in a Piper--Hansie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back