Some help finding proper scale

Discussion in 'Questions on Kits, Decals, Tools and Pilots' started by orion549, Jan 21, 2008.

1. orion549

orion549 Member

Does anyone know where I can find 1:350 (or very near that scale) Japanese, German and British WWII aircraft? I've had no problem finding American fighters, but even large bombers are hard to find in this scale. Any companies where I can find these, or should I maybe start looking at a different scale? I still want something where the average fighter is less than 5 or 6 cm, but more availability would be more important than scale to me right now.

2. Wurger

Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
    To be honest I'm not sure if these are available,but in the scale you can make them yourself.

3. Negative Creep

4. orion549

orion549 Member

I found a good collection at GHQ Micro ArmourĀ® - WWII: 1/285th Scale Models of Military Vehicles Aircraft
    They're 1:285 (6mm), which is pretty close, though they're all metal and a little more costly than I'd like, seeing as a pack of 2 of their craft cost as much as the pack of 6 Trumpeter Corsairs I've got. But they do have a large selection of different forces.

Still, let me see any others!!

5. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

Graphic Designer
    Home Page:
    Well, with the Corairs and Hellcats from Turmpeter you could paint British markings on them. I don't know if you're going to find many British aircraft, and I highly doubt you'll find many German, seeing as most of the scale you're looking for is for ships. I'll look around for you. Where in Canada do you live?

6. orion549

orion549 Member

Yeah, I know there's not a lot. Thing is I want to use them for tabletop gaming, so I want to keep them small. And I could just use the plastic models with the proper markings on them, but 1) that shows no difference between the planes, which could be confusing in a game and 2) just doesn't look as cool as several different makes flying around at the same time!!! ;)

I'm in South-Western Ontario. London, to be exact.

7. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

Graphic Designer
    Home Page:
    Ok, nowhere near me. I did some research, and all I could find were American Planes. Sorry!