Some help finding proper scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

orion549

Airman
Jan 16, 2008
Does anyone know where I can find 1:350 (or very near that scale) Japanese, German and British WWII aircraft? I've had no problem finding American fighters, but even large bombers are hard to find in this scale. Any companies where I can find these, or should I maybe start looking at a different scale? I still want something where the average fighter is less than 5 or 6 cm, but more availability would be more important than scale to me right now.

I found a good collection at GHQ Micro Armour® - WWII: 1/285th Scale Models of Military Vehicles Aircraft
They're 1:285 (6mm), which is pretty close, though they're all metal and a little more costly than I'd like, seeing as a pack of 2 of their craft cost as much as the pack of 6 Trumpeter Corsairs I've got. But they do have a large selection of different forces.

Still, let me see any others!!

Well, with the Corairs and Hellcats from Turmpeter you could paint British markings on them. I don't know if you're going to find many British aircraft, and I highly doubt you'll find many German, seeing as most of the scale you're looking for is for ships. I'll look around for you. Where in Canada do you live?

Yeah, I know there's not a lot. Thing is I want to use them for tabletop gaming, so I want to keep them small. And I could just use the plastic models with the proper markings on them, but 1) that shows no difference between the planes, which could be confusing in a game and 2) just doesn't look as cool as several different makes flying around at the same time!!! ;)

I'm in South-Western Ontario. London, to be exact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back