Some pictures from the 2018 Chino airshow.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The next set of pictures.
DSC_0214.JPG
DSC_0228.JPG
DSC_0230.JPG
DSC_0238.JPG

Owned by the museum. It compliments their F-86 quite nicely.
Cool. Do they ever fly mock dogfights together? . I seem to remember a duo of F-86/MiG-17 that flew around the country doing a routine. Of course that was five lifetimes ago...:disappointed:

Cool. Do they ever fly mock dogfights together? . I seem to remember a duo of F-86/MiG-17 that flew around the country doing a routine. Of course that was five lifetimes ago...:disappointed:
The museum does put them both in the air together all the time. I wouldnt say its a mock dogfight, but they take turns on being in front and back.

The museum does put them both in the air together all the time. I wouldnt say its a mock dogfight, but they take turns on being in front and back.
Oh, you missed a great thing. These guys would do a full furball. Of course this was YEARS ago before the rules changed. Still, take what you get today.

The Chino Valley is no longer rural. The FAA does not want that type of flying anymore.
Sorry, should have been more clear. This was in New Hampshire where I saw them MANY years ago. I understand that "needs wants as the devil drives" in regards to the regs changing.
Still a simpler time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back