Sonderkommando "ELBE" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you for the interest comments, I will fix the video for less 'racket'. A game video perhaps, as there a as of now no known actual video.

Working link again in a few minutes with modified video.

Last edited:
I'll wait for the comic book
Hello,

wait for the new link ( a few mins more), I think its a accurate scenario of what happened with those 8 pilots. But if you have actual footage, please post!

On their first mission with 120 aircraft they only managed to ram 15 bombers, 8 of which went down.

At the lose of how many Luftwaffe personnel ??

Does not exactly sound like a success.

53%. Success in any book.. my guess some pilots changed there mind. anyways link (in post #1) is fixed. :D

Last edited:
Some pilots ??? Sounds like 105 changed their mind. I know it's not that simple.
But when you send out 120 aircraft and only manage to down 8, that sounds like a dismal failure to me.

Yes. I think this would be a great to write about for a book. I have part II coming in a bit.. perhaps some will think less of a game more of a tribute. I chose to use the game becouse I do not have $10000 graphics computer to make. So my appologies to those who think its 'just another game'.

I would also 'chicken out'...in order to lighten the 109s the majority of the guns were removed, leaving only one on board with only 60 rounds...that's not much when you're approaching a bomber box with maybe 20 or more .50s trained at you from the bombers!

"The Last Flight of the Luftwaffe" is a good book about this, told from both sides.

i dont think that the 60 rounds for the machine gun were for attacking bombers and fighters. i bet you that the rounds were all tracers and the gun was used as an offensive aiming device to better aim their fighters into the bombers. the japanese sometimes did that with their kamikaze attacks

Typical IL2 109, shot to pieces , dead engine and you can still fly it!:rolleyes:
Really. Well it took me along time to get that lucky (aound 40 goes).. otherwise is was crash burn before I even got close. And whats hard about flying a plane with a dead engine? came down on him from 500m advantage, around 500kph. the impact was shown at 1/2 speed. mayve 380-400kph. Search youtube. Lots of footage of 'shotup planes' still flying.. albeit not that well.

Edit seems my whole post previous was missing.. I will buy that book mentioned.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPUb2SIgIZA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back