Special Hobby 1/72 scale Vultee Vengeance

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick

Staff
Mod
Jul 23, 2008
Long Island, New York
Does anyone know if it is possible to build the American/Brazilian A-35 and/or an Australian combat bird from the Special Hobby 1/72 Target Tug release of the Vultee Vengeance? Also, does anyone have the kit instructions to either the A-35 or Australia dive bomber releases for me to compare? Perhaps in PDF format?

I thank you in advance!

What variant is the model Vick? If it's a A-31 you could convert it to a RAAF combat bird. You would have to remove the TT gear, add twin .30cals in the rear cockpit and if they're not already there, drill 2 holes in each wing for the 30cal wing guns.
Also note the RAAF never used the A-35 in combat.

Vengeance Target Tug Version 1/72 Cat. #: SH72042
Manufacture: Special hobby

The Vengeance served not only as bomber, but also as target tug aircraft for training of antillerymen as well as of fighters. Our model offers an Australian field modification for this sowing machine from Mk.I version and a Brittish reconstruction from version Mk.IV. Original Vengeance´s mouldings are completed by a number of PUR and photo-etched parts. Decals and markings for RAAF, RAF and FAA machines.

What do you think? Can I make a Australian combat aircraft out of this?

Yup. The RAAF used 99 MkI's during the war which you could convert to a combat bird. If you do the mods I mentioned above you should be pretty much right, however you might have a harder time trying to find appropriate decals.. Also AFAIK MkI and II's were identical, the only difference being in which factory they were made. This opens up more possiblities for depicting a combat dive bomber, as most of the RAAF's operational Vengeances were MkII's.
I hope this is of some help! :)

Attachments

• 12sqnRAAF7.jpg
    12sqnRAAF7.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 410
I was hoping with your siggy that it would be you that would supply the answer! I'm sure I have more questions, but can't remember them now. Will have to bug you later if that's OK? Anyway, just had to thank you as soon as I read this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back