Spitfire Mk.I Tamiya 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A it more work tonight. Attached the radiator, oil cooler, and supercharger intake. It's ready for paint now, but I'm going away on a long weekend tomorrow so it won't happen until next week.

Attachments

• P9012685.JPG
    P9012685.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 103
Looking smooth there Glenn. The shade looks more like one of the other batch of colours used, duck egg green (eau d'nil), but it could be the lighting or monitor reproduction. I've just noticed that Tamiya have moulded the outboard guns with the muzzles protruding. This was the original fit, but a mod was carried out, I think by just removing the muzzle compensator (I'd need to check), so that the barrel was totally inside the wing. There were, as ever, exceptions though, so I'd just leave it as is.

I was confused there too. I went to My BoB build and the last couple of posts I made were missing, and then I found them here. I think what happened is some one made a recent post on this thread and when I went to 'My Threads' I saw Spitfire Mk.I on the top and clicked on it not realizing it was the wrong Spitfire thread. :oops: :lol:

Great Glenn!

I believe I've had the pleasure of that kit
it was one of the last I built; did 610 Sqn's codes really creep that far forward? On DW@K the D impinged on the door but everything else was aft

Users who are viewing this thread

Back