Spitfire MK.VIII, Grp/Cpt Clive 'Killer' Caldwell, RAAF - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally a chance to post some updates!!

The starboard side cockpit upgrade....... was a little over zealous with the dremel as you can see, however
the frame attaches there and hides my mistake so all's good

SpitVIII012.jpg
SpitVIII013.jpg

Interior in aluminium, cockpit RAF interior green

SpitVIII014.jpg

I drilled the 'lightening' holes of the framework, maybe a little overkill considering how much isnt seen with
the fuselage halves closed up, but it adds to the authenticity i guess..

SpitVIII015.jpg
SpitVIII019.jpg

SpitVIII016.jpg

The seat support frame with the upgrade and 'lightening' holes drilled

SpitVIII017.jpg
SpitVIII018.jpg

Cockpit sides almost complete

SpitVIII020.jpg
SpitVIII021.jpg

Wow. Sometimes after looking at some of the stuff you guys do, I feel like packing all my model building stuff in a box and putting in the attic, but I do still enjoy myself, so I'll keep plugging away. All that to say that I'm simply blown away by the work you guys do.

I've already said it Peter, but impressive stuff.

Wow. Sometimes after looking at some of the stuff you guys do, I feel like packing all my model building stuff in a box and putting in the attic, but I do still enjoy myself, so I'll keep plugging away. All that to say that I'm simply blown away by the work you guys do.

Do not be daunted Andy, just be inspired as you enjoy and improve....:p :p

Its all about the enjoyment of the hobby Andy, as long as you enjoy yourself you're doing a great job!!

Hi All,
Finally a few spare minutes to post some update pix

Main landing gear bay

SpitVIII027.jpg
SpitVIII028.jpg

Wing construction

SpitVIII029.jpg
SpitVIII030.jpg

Hinged control surface

SpitVIII031.jpg
SpitVIII032.jpg

Radiators