**** DONE: Spitfire Mk.VIII "Fargo Express" Lt. L.P. Molland 308th FS - Aces GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I finished up a couple of days ago but didn't have time to take the finished pictures until tonight, so here it is.
The last couple of pics are my entire Spitfire collection. On the left are 2 Tamiya Mk.I's and an old Hobbycraft Mk.V that was one of my first attempts with an airbrush. On the right The newly completed ICM Mk.VIII, an Airfix Seafire 47, and a Monogram Mk.IX that I made back in high school 30 years ago. This still leaves me 4 Spits in the stash so I'll have to do at least a couple for the upcoming Spitfire marks GB.

PB285966.JPG
PB285967.JPG
PB285974.JPG
PB285976.JPG
PB285977.JPG
PB285979.JPG
PB285980.JPG
PB285984.JPG
PB285990.JPG
PB285993.JPG
PB285995.JPG
PB286000.JPG
PB286002.JPG
PB286004.JPG
PB286006.JPG
PB286007.JPG
PB286009.JPG
PB286012.JPG
PB286013.JPG
PB286014.JPG
PB286015.JPG
PB286016.JPG
PB286018.JPG
PB286027.JPG
PB286030.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words guys :D
very nice Glenn, love them all but ZP H is still my favourite !
That one's special to me too Karl. I've been visiting it at the museum ever since I was a kid. I still remember the first time I saw it, must have been about 8. Walked in the front door and there it was hanging from the ceiling. I just stood there in awe. It was the first real warbird I'd ever seen.

Not by far the easiest kit to put together, but you've turned it into an awesome Spitty (and a nice collection of Spitty's too ;) ) I have the infamous ICM MK.IX waiting in the wings actually. Seems like an over-engineered kit for a start but not quite impossible to build. The thing that struck me was the unbelievable amound of sinkmarks present on that kit. Did your kit suffer from something similar (I've been reading stories about cr*ppy ICM quality control in general here and there)

Last edited:
The QC issues were a problem a while ago but I'm of the understanding they've improved a lot. The issues were more like missing sprues and warped parts. I built the ICM IX and thoroughly enjoyed it - no Quality complaints from me. If you take care it turns out a Spitfire as good or better than anything out there. Still have the Aussie VIII waiting in the wings but may turn that into Bert Houle's rig in desert camo.

On second thought you're prolly right about ICM Andy. I have an ICM LAGG-3 kit in my stash which looks fine, and taking another look at my MK.IX it seems the sinkmarks are concentrated on the wings only. They're still pretty serious trech-like sinkmark (near the controle surfaces and around the gun-bay area) and a pair of wheels that seem to be shot short, but other then that she looks OK in terms of quality.

I didn't notice any sink marks, and assembling the nose wasn't as big a problem as I thought it would be, although it requires some careful line up of the parts wile gluing.

Do you happen to still have the instructions that went with this ICM VIII kit? I have the ICM MK.IX kit, but due to the multi-version part breakdown a MK.VIII can also be made out of it I think, but I'm unsure which parts I might or might not need to use for a MK.VIII. I've found a nice set of decals for a MK.VIII operating in Burma in my spare decals box, so I figured I just might as well turn my MK.IX into a MK.VIII

I think the instruction sheets are the same in all the kits Jelmer, but I have them from the MkVIII if you need them. Have a look at the one I did for the Commonwealth GB, Bob Cross's Spit, it might clarify a few things for you.

Jelmer, if you PM me you e-mail address, I can send you scanned copies of the Mk VIII instructions.

Unless somebody can show me how to attach jpeg files to this post as files rather than pictures.

Cheers guys,

Terry, I will look your build up as well. Andy, I PM-ed my e-mail adress to ya

THX for the effort anyway T Bolt. I will turn mine into a MK.VIII for sure. Still in doubt if it will be a SEAC kite or an Aussie, but a MK.VIII it will be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back