Spitfire Mk XIV C Academy 1:72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

djos

Airman 1st Class
Nov 16, 2009
Belgrade, Serbia
Hi to all

One more spitfire left my stash and take his place in the display cabinet.
Well known Academy kit, with all its drawbacks and shape mistakes, but in the moment when i got it it was only 14 C available to me......so in any case must be finished. At the end it looks like Spitfire on steroids, but when i put him between Mk XVI and PR XIX....not looking so wrong as i expected.
Finished out of box except PE seat belts, colors HATAKA, sealed with Gunze varnish - matte.
I followed paint instruction given in the box, for sure this is wrong scheme on the right wing. But,,,i decide to make it like that as this will make it little more interesting between all other spitfires, and to be honest i did not found any picture from top of this specific aircraft....so maybe....

I will stop bothering now, pictures of the model and best regards to all

2a_zps56nwadmf.jpg

3a_zpspzkge8jo.jpg

4a_zpsmomldgpm.jpg

7a_zpsoeufroks.jpg

8_zps9n5ndwaa.jpg

9a_zpsl7m3ucty.jpg

10a_zpseuxqgrfd.jpg

12a_zpsputpxgm5.jpg

14a_zpsgvda7lss.jpg

13_zpsxrxamxtv.jpg

Well! It looks a Spitfire and it's very well done Sr.
I have one of this in my stash and I'll definitely will build it as well.
Very nice model.
Cheers

MkXIV next for me in 1/48

i have the Academy kits in high back and low back,, the ultracast engine cover, the Airfix XIX and numeous Eduoards IX and XV! wings

which is the best combination?

XVIII next!!!!!!

I reckon use the Airfix PR.19 as the basis, possibly attempt to graft the cannon blisters and cannons on to the wings or, if they can be made to fit, use the Academy wings. The canopy is probably best from the Eduard kit.
Still hoping that Airfix will release a MkXIV high back in 1/48th scale .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back