Spitfire vs Spitfire

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My list of Spitfires is about half-done, and is like this:

Mark I - qty: 6
Mark II - qty: 2
Mark V - qty: 10
Mark VI - qty: 2
Mark VII - qty: 2
Mark VIII - qty: 1
Mark IX - qty: 7
Mark XII - qty: 2

It could be a big list by the time I reach Mk 22, but I have had an exceptional couple of days, producing the Mk 6, 7, 8, and 12 virtually from scratch.

Cheers Wayne :)

I'm struggling with the Mk 14 right now - I expected it to be at least similar to the 12, but it's a complete re-draw! :evil:

Oh well, on with the battle, and I hope to start adding stuff this weekend... but don't hold your breath, as there is a lot of 'normal' work coming up too, and that's what pays the bills... ;)

Contours of the top of the nose are wrong; the 109 goes straight back at that point. It's definitely an inverted "V", so it's probably a DB600-series engine; I'm guessing it's a Macchi C.202 or C.205.

Attachments

• Mk_14_GB_41Sqn_sample.png
    Mk_14_GB_41Sqn_sample.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 316
Around thirty years ago a book called "Combat Aircraft of World War II" was published which contained 176 colour images of the quality that you produce. I remember reading a review of the book at the time, and the reviewer expressed immense dissatisfaction with the 'non-weathered' look of the profiles, explaining that areas of paint should be missing, oil stains, etc.

They all look great to me.

Does this debate continue in the profiling business?

Oh, definitely...

I'm taking this view for the time being - there must have been a time when the aircraft was new, and that is what I represent.

Now I have a choice: I can either do like, 30 profiles a month, or I can do 1 a month, and for now I would rather do 30 with no weathering...

What do you think?...

What do you think?...

Totally agree, especially when you consider it as a business. Production matters.

I remember reading a review of the book at the time, and the reviewer expressed immense dissatisfaction..

Also remember that he was very critical of the six foot scale pilot displayed next to the images.
I thought it was a nice touch. Haven't seen it anything like it since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back