Spitfires or 5 Series Italian fighters (More beautiful)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Put it back in your pants Lanc. :)

Sure about that? 8) I give you the Fiat G.56

fiat_g56_mm537_set44_torino.jpg

For me, of the 3 italians, Re 2005 was the better looking. It has a slender and clean aspect, and the mixed straight-elliptical design of the wings is beautiful.
Unfortunately, nowadays we can see only simulations of his aspect in flight.

re-012.jpg

DogW

A question of tastes. I prefer Longhi's design for wings, and the tail of Re2005 had better proportions for me (I like the "bird like" general shape of this plane).
Spits have a better looking cockpit, but no more.

DogW

The Spits wings are the only parts I think look any good on it. The rear fuselage from the back of the cockpit to the tail ruins it for me, it looks a little better in the bubble canopy versions but still nothing that great....

The Italian fighters have the lines of a geryhound; graceful in the right conditions, but plain ugly in others.

The Spitfires have the lines of a ballet dancer; fluid, flowing and beautiful from almost any angle.

With the significant exception of the Mk. V versions which got turned into an akwardly horrible plane, beauty is one of the few positive things I do find about the Spitfire.

Udet said:
With the significant exception of the Mk. V versions which got turned into an akwardly horrible plane, beauty is one of the few positive things I do find about the Spitfire.

?

and again ?

What is different about the Mk V?

Unless you really know your Spitfires its almost impossible to pick from the Mk VII, VIII, IX and XVI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back