Spitfires or 5 Series Italian fighters (More beautiful)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What ever you say CC will not take away the fact that the Spitfire is much better looking than the 5 series Italian fighters (even if it is personal preference). If a poll was run you would end in the same sort of minority as Lanc is when it comes to liking the looks of French (pre-war) bombers.

I think that with pilots of equal skill, the G.55 which was operational at the time that Italy surrendered on September 8, 1943 could have taken any Spitfire operational at the same time.

The Spitfire has nicer looking wings but the Series 5 planes all had better looking bodies. It's really no different than comparing English and Italian girls. Italian girls have better bodies ... and teeth. :lol:

I have to go with the Spitfire. It had cleaner lines than the 5 series fighters for Italy. Expecially around the engine. I think that is due to them trying to fit the DB engine into such a small front. I would rather fly in one of the Italian though. Also, Spain has the best looking girls.

You mean only the models with the Merlin engine, and only if you see them from above.

spitfireprxixgg_3.jpg

DogW

i don't think there's anything specail about the looks of any of the 'stangs, but you're right the -47 is a fine looking bird.......

Mc-205 For Me... Wing Included. As for the Mustang A,B,C... I'll agree the A was ugly from most angles; but the B, C types to me are like Jaguar E-Types. If you know the car she is a real looker; but only in the right duds: Any sign of wear, wrong color, wrong bumper guard, wrong tires or rims, or especially if she is sitting wrong, she morphs into one ugly machine.

Attachments

• timetofly_009_jjgscfs_2_mc205v_124.jpg
    timetofly_009_jjgscfs_2_mc205v_124.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 418
according 2 german evaluations from http://www.comandosupremo.com/ the G.55 Was "Excellent", the Re2005 was "good" and the M.C.205 was "average"

the Re2005 is the best looking fighter.. for me, and its got 1 20mm cannon more than a spit, but its airframe was too weak 4 the MW50, the G55 was slow in production, u can build 3 109s for 1 G55

the spit IS a beauty though, but i like italian planes.

Germans were looking for an high altitude interceptor, and the G55 is the most specialized of the three machines in that work.
According to Sgt. Luigi Gorrini and Lt. Paolo Voltan's evaluations, until 6000 m C205 is pratically unbeatable, while over 10.000 m mustangs and spits outmanuver it. G55 is at the same level of the best allied planes at all altitudes (and is eavily armed).
C 205 is even sturdier than the others two italians, but at the cost of a more complex assembly.
According to Gorrini, either two are preferible to Me 109, that has stiffer controls.

However, a 109 cost 1/3 of the time of a G55 to be built, while te germans build 109s and the italians build G55s, the problem is the organization of the production more than the project.

Finally, the modification of the airframe to solve the problems showed in the Re2005 pre-production series (caused, according to Longhi, by the low quality of "autarchic" alloy), cost only few ours of work, and all the surviving machines at 8 september 1943 were modified, first than germans took them.

DogW

The shape of the Spitfire's eliptical wing has no competition, anywhere, for a piston single-engine fighter. The Spitfire's tail, especially in side view (especially the later pointed one), is balanced and merges into the fuselage without any abrupt curves. The Italian fighters' wing plan and tail assembly is rough by comparison: the tail seems to have been put there as an afterthought. But the Italians' nose, with the inverted-V engine, is beautiful and agressive, and perhaps better than that of the Merlin Spitifres. But then the Griffon Spitfire regains its aggressiveness with the longer nose and larger spinner.

Spitty is the greatest plane ever built! There is just too much inspiration in its design I can't help myself staring at her. I can't find something that I don't like! She is just what she is meant to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back