Spitfix world record attempt!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

36feet10inches

Staff Sergeant
Jan 25, 2009
Newark, UK
Who's up for this?

From latest Airfix Club newsletter:

Spitfix

Airfix and the Royal Air Force Museum have joined forces to bring you "Spitfix" a Guinness World Record attempt to build the most Spitfires throughout the duration of a day. This event is also to celebrate 60 years of the Airfix brand and the publication of Arthur Ward's book, The Boys' Book of Airfix.

Airfix and the Royal Air Force Museum are inviting members of the public to help us achieve a brand new Guinness World Record for the most number of Spitfire model aircraft constructed in a day - with each person participating able to take their completed model home to keep totally free of charge as a thank you for taking part and an early Christmas present from both great British institutions.

There will be several workshops throughout the day, such as;

Build your own Spitfire - Guinness World Record attempt
Enter our Box Art competition
Learn about the history of the Spitfire
As an extra special treat for Airfix aficionados Arthur Ward, Airfix's official historian and author of "The Boys' Book of Airfix" will be giving a talk at 12:00 in the Museum's lecture theatre about Airfix's fascinating history and will be on hand to sign copies of his book.

To participate in our World Record attempt please fill in our Registration Form.

For more information, click here.

Not my sort of thing, but could be an interesting day out for those near Hendon. Any idea what the 'Box Art Competition' involves? I'm guessing the winner gets his/her artwork on an Airfix kit packaging for a year or so - one way of saving money on the current CGI work done by a company local to me, or paying a decent fee to an artist!

Not my sort of thing

Neither

one way of saving money on the current CGI work done by a company local to me, or paying a decent fee to an artist!

CGI artwork on kits should be illegal , its typically cheap and the result is worse than sh!t , bring back the good old artists!!

What will airfix do in 50 years time if they're still around? a "50 years of airfix CGI 'artwork'" book maybe

Instead of giving away free kits it would have been nice if Airfix could have kept production in the UK.

Exactly .They make them in india/china and send them back to the UK , I see a shipping cost which doesn't need to be there

Damn you airfix!

Bloody oath!

I might take the lad down and tie it in with a visit to the RAF museum. Depands what the mrs has planned.

I think if I went I'd take it in the spirit of a bit of fun, rather than to give Airfix a good kicking. :D

I might take the lad down and tie it in with a visit to the RAF museum. Depands what the mrs has planned.

I think if I went I'd take it in the spirit of a bit of fun, rather than to give Airfix a good kicking. :D

Screw Airfix, go see the Bf 110! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back