Storm of War: Battle of Britain release date? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pong

Staff Sergeant
Sep 2, 2007
Manila, Philippines
I've been checking out the release date for the SoW: Battle of Britain and Gamespot said it has released in November '06, but that's obviously not true, and IGN only had TBA 2009. When is SoW going to release next year? Is it early July, like the start of the Battle, or September on Battle of Britain Day? I want to get my hands on this game once it's released.

-Arlo

I've been checking out the release date for the SoW: Battle of Britain and Gamespot said it has released in November '06, but that's obviously not true, and IGN only had TBA 2009. When is SoW going to release next year? Is it early July, like the start of the Battle, or September on Battle of Britain Day? I want to get my hands on this game once it's released.

-Arlo

No one really knows...but the last "reasonable" rumor I heard was for the anniversary of BoB...

What the heck? Last time it was November '06 now it's June 1, 2009 on Gamespot. And the Ubisoft's press release wasn't much help.

-Arlo

The most recent news on Storm of War that I know about is this interview at SimHQ.
SimHQ.com - Air Combat Zone - Interview: Oleg Discusses What's Next (2009)
IMO, It doesn't tell you much more than what has been said before, " Were working on it."
At the end of the article there are several links to prior interviews with Oleg.
It does have some screenshots of objects and planes that are being made for the sim.

This thread at 1C has some screenshots of different planes that are being worked on for "Storm of War."
Oleg Maddox's News - Official 1C Company forum
The last update in this thread was 05/22/2009.

Wheels

Last edited:
Thanks Wheels! From the looks of the aircraft and the ground objects, I think this game's gonna be awesome. Oh well, we got to wait for 2010 to get our hands on this.

Thanks Wheels! From the looks of the aircraft and the ground objects, I think this game's gonna be awesome. Oh well, we got to wait for 2010 to get our hands on this.

It's progressing at a snail's pace (to me) but I think it will be awesome when Oleg gets done too.
He mentioned something about a progress report in a thread at SimHQ around the time of the interview.
It was supposed to happen in September but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Wheels

Many games have delays. I can remember waiting for many games and the release dates kept getting pushed back. Back when Red Baron II was going to be released, it was delayed so much I forgot about it. When it finally arrived at my door, it was like Christmas. Look at the "it's done when it's done" game - Duke Nukem forever.

OFFTOPIC: Ah, the old Red Baron II. I remember my dad playing that game and he couldn't shoot down a single aircraft because the wings tore apart everytime he made a tight turn :lol:

Just read and reread the interview, Oleg said it'll be released around October or possibly earlier, but there is still no official date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back