Super Constellation r/c

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sunny91

Video Extraordinaire
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny

Attachments

• SuperConstel.wmv
    9.2 MB · Views: 95
I'll accept that.....

Now that is going to require some thought !!! (My piano is an upright)

Charles

I was thinking of the elegance and the curves that make so beautiful a grand piano... he he he

My grandmother was killed in one of those beauties, when it came down near Mexico City, in the late 50's.

What the heck? An astronomy experiment?

Yeah, I think so.
Early 1964.

Called the 'LAS TRAP III' Super Constellation Conversion. LAS (Lockheed Aircraft Service Company) converted a Constellation (SN.66956) to carry the TRAP III airborne radiation measurement system developed by Bendix.

The object of the exercise was to.."scan the skies from a single observation point and obtain visual and precise optical tracking, recording and timing data associated with the re-entry of high speed bodies into the earth's atmosphere."
The gun-turret-type domes contained the "optical radiation measurement instrumentation."

But I'm not exactly sure what 'high speed bodies' refers to.

You don't like the Connie??

Did we understand him right? I'm not enthused about airliners either and I worked on them for 13 years but the Connie and the Super Connie are the most beautiful airliners ever built. I was fortunate enough to be stationed at the Naval Air Test Center at Pax River back in the early '70's and NRL was stationed in the hangar next to us. They had two or three Super Connies. Listening to them crank up and taxi out and take off was some of the sweetest music I've ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back