Swastika shaped navy building

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah...can't people just be told to mind thier own business?

It probably wasn't deliberate.

Unless the architect was Mr A. Hitler:p

It's only a geometric shape until you assign meaning to it!
It's a freak'n dorm!

Well that's the thing these days if one idiot decides to do something another 100 idiots will do the same just because that one idiot did it...anyway like Comiso said its only a dorm and the swastika was not only used by nazis and in a culture( I don't remember which ) it is considered as a sign which brings good fortune...

Near the airfield I work at there are some German buildings shaped like a Swatzika dating back to WW2. I believe they were an SS Barracks. Near that is a field of trees planted in the shape of an Iron Cross that were planted during the 1930s as a memorial to the fallen German soldiers from WW1.

You can only see them from above. I took several pictures of them because we would fly over them when we took off from the airfield. I have been searching for the pics but have not found them. Hopefully I can find them soon and I can post them here.

I know that some years ago they found trees planted in the shape of the swastika in Germany...the trees were lighter as color than the other trees in the respective woods...apparently some Nazi enthusiasts planted them probably in the 30's...of course the trees were cut...

That Iron Cross shaped trees near my airfield are still there. They were planted the same way. Different kind of trees than the surrounding and from the air you can really make out the Iron Cross.

I always liked the iron cross and I think it would be stupid to be associated with the nazis...I always considered the iron cross as a symbol of german bravery of the common soldier...

Thats why its stupid to spend money which could be put to better use in other place but who knows if they don't fix maybe Hitler will come back to life...boo-hoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back