Swedish Air Force 'what ifs'.....

Something else that would look great in Swedish colours! I think that I prefer the twin tail over the single one....😎😍🥰

IMG_20250525_163307.jpg


IMG_20250525_164011.jpg


IMG_20250525_163847.jpg


IMG_20250525_164156.jpg
 
I just found this...."However, the Swedish association with the Spitfire goes back to 1939, an order for 15 MkIs being placed on 12 May of that year. With RAF deliveries taking precedence, this was rejected."

Spitfire Mk. I's in Swedish markings, nice! 😍🥰😎
 
Actually it is true both Mk.I and Mk.IA were the same aircraft basicly. It is matter of nomenclature. The marking Mk.IA was introduced when the need for distinction of the variant armed with 8x .303 MGs from the version with the 20mm cannons in wings appeared. However it should be kept in mind that the Mk.I was still upgrading. So the early Mk.I had a little bit different appearance than the later one for instance.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back